Saint-Hyacinthe Research and Development Centre
3600 boul. Casavant O.
See Map below
The next annual symposium of the AQIA will talk about the challenges of food safety in the era of sustainable development.
The Organizing committee proposes a programme with talks on:
- The World Health Organization's One health approach promoting multi-sectoral responses to food safety hazards and other public health threats at the human-animal-ecosystem interface and provide guidance on how to reduce these risks;
- Tools and ideas to reduce food waste at the consumers level;
- The Second Harvest food rescue project to capture surplus food before it ends up in the landfill to feed people rather than negatively impact environment;
- Duality of consumers' needs: ecoresponsability or food safety?
- A panel to discuss issues, objectives and actions in the food sector to meet the challenge of sustainable development
- and others to come...
- Kalmia Kniel, Professor of Microbial Food Safety, University of Delaware, president of IAFP
- Lori Nikkel, Chief Executive Officer, Second Harvest
- Anne-Marie Desbiens, the Scientific Foodie, author of Mieux conserver ses aliments pour moins gaspiller
- Alexandrine Huot, industrial advisor, Bureau de normalisation du Québec
Others to come, just as competent and interesting!
Coordinator - AQIA